Summer is here and that can mean only one thing; its garden party season! Whether you’re hosting a big family barbecue or an informal outdoor get-together with friends, we have the perfect summer cocktail recipe that’s super simple but is sure to impress your guests.
This raspberry mojito is a fruity and refreshing twist on the classic mojito. It tastes delicious and looks great too. Give it a go and let us know what you think!
What you’ll need
For one cocktail:
- A splash of white rum (optional)
- Some soda water
- A handful of raspberries
- A teaspoon of sugar
- A few mint leaves
- Half a lime (cut into wedges or slices)
- Some crushed ice
- To start, put the raspberries, sugar, lime and mint leaves into the bottom of your glass. Then using either a muddler or just a wooden spoon, mush them all together to release the juice from the lime and the raspberries.
- Next, fill around a third of your glass with crushed ice, and then add a measure of white rum to suit your taste, if required.
- Finally, top up your glass with soda water, stir, then finish off with a straw.
If you prefer a sweeter taste , add a little more sugar or try lemonade instead of soda water. You can also try this recipe without the rum for a delicious virgin cocktail, or why not get creative and swap raspberries for another fruit? Blueberry, pineapple or watermelon mojitos would work perfectly!
We suggest serving your cocktails in mason jar glasses such as the ones in our glass bottle and straw set for a quirky, vintage-inspired look.