As we prepare to welcome Mary Berry, Queen of Cakes, to unveil our new state-of-the-art store at Teesside Retail Park on Saturday March 28, we’re asking our customers to reveal the one question they’ve always wanted to ask Britain’s baking legend.
The TV star will be participating in a series of Q&As with customers so we wanted to give our fans and followers the chance to grab a slice of the action.
We’re asking you to share the question you’d most like to #AskMary for the chance to win a signed copy of her much adored book; Mary Berry’s Baking Bible.
We’ll be selecting four winners, from all entries submitted, whose questions will be put to Mary on the day – we’ll reveal her answer for all of our fans and followers to hear and then send your hand-signed book on its way.
Update: Competition is now closed and winners have been selected. The winning questions were:
“What is the perfect buttercream recipe? I’ve found that different recipes are either too hard or too sticky.” Katy Johnson
“What are the best recipes to make with young children?” Nuala Rees
“Sometimes the butter in my cake doesn’t mix properly. Why is this?” Donna Caldwell
“If you could take only one dessert along to a dinner party, what would it be?” Sami Brown
Terms and conditions:
- Prize for 4 winners: 1 signed Mary Berry’s Baking Bible book
- Closing date is 23/03/2015; all entries must be received by 11.59pm on this date.
- The winner will be notified by a notification on the platform they used to enter the competition. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms within 2 working days of notification. In the event that they are unable to do so then the promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize from the remaining eligible entries.
- Only one entry per person.
- No purchase necessary and no proof of purchase required.
- The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-transferable.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal of greater cash value.
- Entrants must live in the UK. Employees of Barker and Stonehouse Ltd, their families and agencies, and anyone directly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter.
- Promoter’s address is Barker and Stonehouse, Marsh Street, Cannon Park, Middlesbrough, TS15JH. Prize is subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter retains the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value.
- Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are legally binding.