PROTECT YOUR FURNITURE
To keep your furniture safe from life's little accidents, add a guardsman protection plan to your order by contacting our web team on 0333 355 9320, read more here...
GUARDSMAN PROTECTION PLAN
Download our 5 year Fabric Platinum Protection Plan
Download our 5 year Leather Platinum Protection Plan
WHAT IS A GUARDSMAN PROTECTION PLAN?
A protection plan is essentially ‘no excess’ furniture insurance;
- o It covers life’s little accidents such as food or drink spills, accidental damage and structural defects
- o When you have an accident, you simply claim on your plan by calling our UK call centre or go online and download a claim form
- o There are no excesses to pay or annual renewal costs
- o Our aim is to keep your furniture looking good and in full use in your home
- o Wherever possible our network of expert repair technicians and cleaning specialists always try to repair the damage
- o If a repair isn’t possible we will source new parts for you or, if they are not available, a replacement item
It provides complete peace of mind for you to enjoy your furniture.
WHAT AM I ACTUALLY COVERED FOR?
We’ll cover you for accidents to your sofa that result in damage and staining. We’ll also cover you for structural faults once your manufacturer’s warranty has expired (normally after 1 year).
Accidental stains resulting from…
- o Drinks such as red wine or coffee
- o Food such as curry or pizza
- o Human and animal bodily fluids, such as blood and vomit
- o Ink such as biro, felt tip or permanent marker
- o Unidentifiable stains such as a stain appearing after a party
- o Paint
- o Make-up and toiletries
- o Dye transfer from jeans or newspaper (not as a result of a build up)
- o Oil based stains such as grease or tar
- o Adhesive’s and glues
- o Bleaches and other household cleaning products
- o Acidic liquids such as vinegar and lemon juice
Accidental damage resulting in…
- o Tears and rips caused by keys and belt buckles
- o Scuffs and scratches to the covering fabric
- o Burns caused by cigarettes
- o Thread pulls
- o Fabric only - Pet scratches (not as a result of a build up)
- o Leather only – Minor Pet scratches
Structural faults resulting in…
- o Broken recliner mechanisms
- o Excessive loss of resilience of foam cushions (not through general use)
- o Stitching coming undone
- o Springs softening
- o Frame breakage
- o Leather only – Peeling of leather
We do not cover for:
- o General cleaning
- o Wear and tear
- o Colour change
- o Animal chewing
It is important to note that a Guardsman protection plan is not a substitute for regular care and cleaning. We’ll take care of the accidents, but the day to day care is down to you.
MORE ABOUT THE EXPERT REPAIR SERVICE YOU WILL RECEIVE FROM GUARDSMAN
- o When accidents happen Guardsman have a UK wide team of trained furniture experts ready to repair damage and remove stains.
- o If our expert technician can’t complete a repair or remove a difficult stain, we will replace either the part or individual item of furniture. If your original model is unavailable, we’ll invite you to reselect something similar.
- o Claim for as many incidents as you need over 5 years. There is no excess to pay and you’ll have cover for parts, labour and replacement items up to the indemnity value of your plan. Your indemnity value is the price you originally paid for your furniture or £15,000, whichever is the lowest.
Don’t hesitate to ask your sales advisor if you have any questions regarding the plan, or give the Guardsman advice line a call on 0345 120 32 37
THE LEGAL BIT
Important information – what happens next?
This is only a list of Key Features, refer to the Plan certificate for full terms and conditions. Following delivery of your new furniture, you will receive a certificate for your Guardsman Protection Plan. This will contain the terms and conditions, limitations and exclusions. Please see below for a list of key features.
If after 28 days of delivery of your furniture you have not received your plan certificate, you must call the Guardsman Policy Administration Dept on 01235 444747, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Policy Administration Department, Guardsman, 152 Brook Drive, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4SD. Please ensure you have your retailer invoice to hand.
The Intention of the cover - This Plan provides cover for individual incidents of accidental staining and/or accidental damage and/or structural damage (depending on the coverage selected) it does not provide cover for damage that naturally occurs due to normal use and ageing or for your product becoming gradually dirty and out of condition over time.
What is covered:
Your Guardsman Protection Plan covers you in the event of sudden and unintentional Accidental Damage (resulting in rips, punctures, scuffs, burns, chips, or scratches) and sudden and unintentional Stains, and/or Structural Faults to your Product(s) depending on the level of cover you have purchased. Your product(s) is only covered if you follow the terms & conditions of this plan and have paid the required premium. Your plan will cover you for the cost of repair or stain removal according to the coverage purchased and detailed under the “Your Coverage Includes” section on the front of Your Guardsman Plan Certificate.
Your product(s) will be covered:
1. once it has been delivered in satisfactory condition to your home
2. if the cause of the damage can be identified
3. if it has been used and cared for in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines
If applicable, your fabric furniture may be treated with a stain protector treatment, ask your retailer for further details.
If a repair cannot be achieved, we may choose to replace the damaged part. In the event of this not being possible, Guardsman may at its sole discretion provide a replacement product(s). Alternatively, Guardsman may at its sole discretion settle the claim by a cash payment instead of a repair or replacement. Any cash settlement will be limited to the equivalent cost of repair or replacement by Guardsman.
Cover applies only if the item is kept in a private residence in the UK (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man) and does not apply to use in any property or room which you rent out or any commercial property.
What is not covered:
Your Guardsman Furniture Protection Plan will not cover you for:
1. the incorrect use or application of any cleaning substances or use of inappropriate cleaning materials;
2. any natural characteristic to the covering of the item;
3. damage during transit or storage, caused by contractors, neglect, abuse, misuse or malicious damage of the product(s);
4. domestic pet damage caused by biting or chewing and any scratching which is not limited to a single incident;
5. any gradually occurring stain(s) or damage, gradual wear and tear, or your product becoming gradually dirty and out of condition over time;
6. colour loss, fading, fire, scorching, flood, burst pipes (including radiator leaks and spillages), sunlight, wind or weather; leaking roofs and conservatories, theft or any other similar external cause;
7. any other costs that are indirectly caused by the event which led to your claim, unless specifically stated in the Guardsman Furniture Protection Plan;
8. routine repair/cleaning whether carried out by a Guardsman approved repairer/cleaner or another party;
9. any failure of repairs not undertaken as part of this plan;
10. handheld, wireless devices used to operate furniture functions that are not permanently attached to your insured product(s);
11. loss of resilience of interior fillings, fraying (including fraying of zips), delamination or loss of buttons;
Accidental Damage and Accidental Staining – cover starts on the date of delivery of the item and lasts for 5 years.
Structural Fault (if selected) - cover starts on expiry of the manufacturer’s and retailer’s guarantee and ends 5 years from the date of delivery of the item.
The plan will end if the item(s) is replaced following a successful claim, as detailed in the Protection Plan.
If your expectations are not met in the first instance please write to the Complaints Team at Guardsman, 152 Brook Drive, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SD, email email@example.com or call 01235 444751. You may also be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to review your case. The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. Telephone number: 0800 023 4567or 0300 123 9123 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of these procedures are included on your plan certificate.
Making a complaint will not affect your legal rights.
Making a claim
In the event of a possible claim under this Plan please contact Guardsman within 28 days 0345 266 0626 or 01235 448844. Please have Your Guardsman Furniture Protection Plan document to hand. Guardsman will explain the process and provide information to help your claim.
Guardsman operates a comprehensive cancellation policy which includes a 30 day cooling-off period. You may cancel cover at any time and receive a premium refund if you have not made a claim. Full terms, timings, refunds, deductions and administration fees are detailed on your Plan certificate. If you wish to cancel, and it is prior to the delivery of your furniture, or it is within 30 days of placing your order please contact your retailer. After this time, please contact Guardsman. Contact details can be found in the Important Information Section.
The Insurer and Administrator
Your Guardsman Furniture Protection Plan is underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited registered in England and Wales under number 01229676. Registered office: Market Square House, St James’s Street, Nottingham, NG1 6FG. AmTrust Europe Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 202189.
The Plan will be administered by Guardsman which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 311766.
These details can be checked on the financial services register at www.fca.gov.uk or by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority on 0800 111 6768.
Protection for customers
AmTrust Europe Limited is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). Further information is available from their website: www.fscs.org.uk
Unless you and the insurer both agree otherwise, the Plan will be governed by the law and courts applicable to the part of UK in which you live.