Duresta are renowned for their ‘Pure English Luxury’. Based in Nottinghamshire, their team of high skilled crafts-people have been hand assembling sumptuous sofas and chairs since 1938.
At the heart of every Duresta item of furniture is an inspirational and iconic element of classic English design. Combining grandeur and comfort, each Duresta sofa and chair is given a unique twist using beautiful fabrics and trimmings from around the world. The result is a truly exciting upholstery collection with an unique look that is at the very forefront of interior style.
Duresta Belvedere Sofa Range
Duresta Portsmouth Sofa Range
Duresta Belvedere Sofa Range
Duresta Portsmouth Sofa Range
Matthew Williamson's collaboration with Duresta is his first bespoke furniture collection. It comprises five upholstery ranges and an eclectic selection of occasional pieces to add individuality and quirky charm to your home.
Duresta for Matthew Williamson Minnelli Compact Sofa
Duresta for Matthew Williamson Minnelli Daybed
Duresta for Matthew Williamson Minnelli Footstool
Duresta for Matthew Williamson Minnelli Left Hand Unit
Duresta for Matthew Williamson Tango Chair
Duresta for Matthew Williamson Tango Sofa
Duresta has been making high quality upholstery since 1938. Our factory is in Long Eaton, a Nottinghamshire town renowned for the skill of its people in all aspects of furniture making, from the traditional joinery of frame makers through to all kinds of fabric cutting and sewing expertise and, of course, an unrivalled understanding of upholstery. You will find that our furniture making combines these skills with the best materials available to produce long lasting sumptuously comfortable upholstery. Frames are made from selected hardwoods, each dowelled, glued and screwed for trouble free long life. The standard specification for most models includes coil sprung seating for durability and comfort.
Alongside the reassurance of a strong technical specification, a major part of the joy of owning high quality hand made furniture resides in the knowledge that the people who made the pieces have brought years of experience, good judgement and, most importantly, great care to their work. These subtle but enchanting ingredients are only found in true craftsmanship and give the furniture that special 'Something'. It is a curious capability of the truly interested eye, that this characteristic continues to be recognised and appreciated today, when hand craftsmanship is so rarely encountered.
We always bear in mind that sofas and chairs are not merely functional objects for seating. They also play an important part in establishing the character of the room they are set in. Although our designs naturally respond to changing tastes, at the heart of each lies an unmistakeable English Style, which throughout the world is generally considered to have a flavour of understatement, subtlety and fine proportion.
Duresta offers a very large range of fabrics which we source internationally to ensure the widest choice of styles and colours. These are individually hand cut and expertly sewn with separate valances applied by hand slipstitching. All undergo rigorous quality testing to reduce the incidence of premature wear and tear and to guide you as to suitability.
For many years Duresta has held a unique licence which enables us to study closely the myriad design details and original pieces of furniture found in the collections of The National Trust. Where you see it's symbol as you view our collections it indicates that a design has been based on such studies. We have recently introduced some new colours to our collection of fabrics inspired by the beautiful parks and woodlands in the care of The National Trust.
Our 75 year history has meant that we have been able to build up strong relationships with the most experienced and knowledgeable retailers and furnishers in Britain and throughout the world. We all know the difference that good service makes when considering a major purchase. Duresta is careful to work with the very best people; those able to offer advice, high standards and the personal touch.
All here at Duresta thank you for considering our furniture for your home and we hope you can find something of interest from our collection.
Duresta and The National Trust
At the heart of Duresta is the 'English Country House' style.
This style is universally appreciated for its essentially 'Comfortable' character, one where the formal and very grand can sit beautifully alongside the casual, plain and simple. An ingredient which must be present in each element however is high quality.
For many years Duresta has held a unique licence which enables us to study closely the myriad design details and original pieces of furniture found in the collections of The National Trust. Where you find its symbol as you review our collections it indicates that a design has been based on such studies. In addition, we have recently introduced a small collection of fabrics, this time inspired by the beautiful parks and woodlands in the care of The National Trust.
Dine in with Duresta
Duresta will treat you to a £100 Marks & Spencer gift card for every £3000 spent
Exclusively available between 21st July - 1st September, 2017
1. You are only eligible to claim your gift card if:
(a) You spent over £3,000 (including VAT but excluding any delivery or sofa protection charges) on ordering furniture from the Duresta Collection
(excluding the Meridian, Brooklyn and Metropolitan) in a single transaction
(b) You ordered your Duresta Sofa(s) or Chair(s) between 21st July - 1st September 2017, and;
(c) It is a new order, not ex-display stock
(d) Your address is in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man
2. Only one gift card can be claimed per household
3. To claim your gift card you must send the claim form from the above link, correctly completed, together with your original payment receipt and delivery note to Duresta
Upholstery, Fields Farm Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham, NG10 3FZ
4. All gift card claims must be received by 31st October 2017. Gift card claims will not be accepted after this date. No responsibility will be accepted
for claim forms lost, damaged or delayed in transit. Proof of posti ng is not proof of receipt.
5. Illegible, altered or inaccurately completed claim forms, or claim forms which are not accompanied by the required documentati on, will be deemed
void. If any of the accompanying documentati on is illegible or altered, the claim will be deemed void.
6. Only originals of your payment receipt and delivery note will be accepted, and will be returned to you with your gift card
7. The name and address completed on this claim form must be the same as the name and address on the delivery note
8. If at any ti me following delivery of your Duresta furniture you reject it for any reason and obtain a refund of all the purchase price paid, you cease to be eligible for the gift card and we reserve the right to claim a refund from the gift card paid to you
9. In the case that the purchase has been agreed to be returned to Duresta, the gift card will also need to be returned, alternatively the gift card amount will be deducted from the total amount refunded by the retailer
10. If at anytime following delivery of your Duresta furniture you obtain a refund of part of the purchase price paid, you are only entitled to the gift card amount calculated on the purchase price less such refund and we reserve the right to claim a refund from you of any overpayment
11. Your claim will be validated with the retailer. If your claim is valid, a gift card will be sent to the address shown on this claim form within 28 days of receipt by Duresta of your claim.
12. Duresta will notify you if your claim is not validated by the retailer and will give you an opportunity to provide further evidence in support of your claim
13. By claiming your gift card, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditi ons
14. You will receive a £100 Marks and Spencer gift card for every £3,000 spent on Duresta furniture (in one transacti on), with a limit of up to £500 vouchers
15. This promotion is available on all Duresta models, excluding the Meridian, Brooklyn and Metropolitan models
16. There is no credit alternative to this offer
17. If you require a replacement form or have any queries on your claim form, please contact the Duresta switchboard on 0115 973 7000